Our network

Crews respond to accidental shed fire in Vienna | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Crews respond to accidental shed fire in Vienna
News


VIENNA, Va. (WUSA9) -- A Vienna house shed fire was started by an electrical system failure within a law mower, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said.

The fire happened Sunday at around 3:20 p.m. at the home located at 10004 Woodrow Street.

There was smoke and fire coming from the back of the home when firefighters got to the scene. Crews were able to quickly put the fire out in a shed located underneath the deck. Nobody was at home when the fire started.

Nobody had to be displaced and nobody was injured. Damages are estimated at $2,500.

The fire was caused by an electrical system failure within a lawn mower that was placed too close to the shed.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook

RELATED:

4 displaced in Falls Church accidental townhouse fire

3 displaced after microwave causes Va. house fire


News