Man pleads guilty for hiding Va. girl's body | News
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- A 20-year-old man pleaded guilty Monday for hiding the body of a McLean teen who died after a heroin overdose.
Kyle Alifom of Vienna pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence for hiding the body of 16-year-old Emylee Lonczak in the woods, officials say.
In a statement of facts filed with the plea agreement, Alifom admitted that he and three others, including Emylee Lonczak went to DC to buy heroin. All four people used the heroin, and Lonczak became unconscious.
Alifom and another person put Lonczak in a basement bedroom that night, according to court documents. The next morning, Alifom found out that she had died and dragged Lonczak's body into a wooded area behind a neighbor's house.
Officials say Alifom covered the body with an abandoned window screen that he found nearby.
Fairfax County police found Lonczak's body approximately one day later. An autopsy and toxicology report confirmed that Lonczak had a fatal level of heroin in her system.
Alifom faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. His sentencing is scheduled for May 16.
Upcoming Events near Vienna
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire