4 displaced due to fire in Fairfax County | News
VIENNA, Va. (WUSA9) -- Two adults and two children are without a home after a fire in Vienna on Thursday night.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials say firefighters arrived at the home in the 1200 block of Richelieu Drive at 8:25 p.m. Thursday. They saw fire coming from the roof and began battling the fire. Firefighters got the blaze put out in approximately 20 minutes, say officials. WUSA9 Bruce Leshan was on the scene. The fire appears to have started in a metal chimney that was encased in wood framing.
The four people living at the home had gotten out before firefighters arrived, and were not injured, according to officials. Red Cross assistance was declined. There were no injuries.
Officials say the fire left approximately $100,000 worth of damage.
Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental and sparked by combustibles too close to a heat source.
Upcoming Events near Vienna
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire